At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer in power electronics to join us in Västerås
Based in Västerås, we have a vibrant and diverse set of people working in our Converter Engineering team, with a great mix of competencies, from different fields, areas of expertise, and levels. There is a lot of collaborations cross-functionally, and there are numerous of opportunities to learn from other specialist as well as to share your own competence and learnings with others. Are you keen on learning more about and being part of the developments in the world of rail technology, then this is the place to be! We are now welcoming you to join us!
Purpose of the job
The Electrical Engineer will develop technical solutions and propose improvements to our valve sets, which is an essential part of our propulsion products. You will perform electrical calculations and simulations, define test plans and test specifications, perform formal product validation as well as more exploratory tests of new design solutions, drive and support technical investigations and coordinate input and requirements on the valve set. A large part of your work will be spent in our power electronics lab. The role includes coordination and collaboration with people within the team as well as globally and cross-functionally The role reports to the Head of Engineering, Electrical.
- Electrical design of valve sets
- Performing and planning tests on valve sets including documentation such as test specifications and reports
- Drive and support complex error investigations and provide problem solutions for the area within power electronics
- Requirement discussions with other teams related to the valve set
- Change management
- Participating and driving R&D projects related to valve sets and/or the power electronics area
- Aligning and coordinating with global lead on valve sets
- Coordinate a local team of engineers and specialists related to valve sets
- MSc or PhD in the area of Engineering Physics or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent knowledge gained for professional experience
- Knowledge or experience in power electronics, or converter engineering is preferable;
- Experience from testing of power electronics or converters is an advantage
- Knowledge of Matlab, PLECS, Simulink
- Analytical thinking is required;
- Driven, solution-oriented and eager to learn new things are mandatory traits;
- Good coordination, interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Good ability to both read and write technical documentation;
- Fluent in English
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, apply and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org