At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Field Engineer (m/f/d) based at our site in Luleå, Sweden.
Purpose of the job
- The position is responsible for the field engineering scope related to one or more fleet maintenance projects.
- In addition, this position will be involved in various other engineering tasks related to the BT SER business (project and system engineering work, both during bids and execution)
- Work very closely together with the other functions of BT SER Sweden (Operations, QHSE, Project Management, Procurement, Sales and Bids)
- Engineering core team representative for respective fleet contract
- Providing vehicle technical support to the depot operation.
- Manage the resolution of technical issues on long term, related to maintenance execution and fleet performance, support maintenance optimization and FRACAS work.
- Provide systematic input on Operation Performance Improvement, Life Cycle Cost Management, System Life Cycle Management and Technical Support & Expertise.
- Manage issues in the maintenance regime of the fleet and developing ways to improve it.
- Support with engineering work related to the project (e.g. in case of technical issues related to the fleet corrective and preventive maintenance) and interface with internal/external Customers and Suppliers.
- Being responsible for technical reporting and issue resolution with Customers and Authorities when required.
- Requires close cooperation with fellow BT SER engineers within the region, division and inter-divisionally
- Working with colleague field engineers and functions in developing fleet improvement programs for similar fleets or common systems
- Provide feedback and support from the field for bids (project or system engineering work related to system improvements, vehicle upgrades, component repairs, development of new products, etc …)
- Engineering degree (or Technician but at Engineering level by experience)
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Swedish and English language, spoken and written
- Communicative, open person, who can influence other people. Team player.
- Analytical: can overview the situation, and get into the details.
- Networking skills
- Taking initiative and being alert at all time
- Skilled in written reporting
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
In case of equal qualification, severely disabled persons employed in the company are to be given priority over other applicants when filling jobs suitable for them.
Primary Location: SE-BD-Luleå
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com