Onboard Specific Application Engineer
Onboard Specific Application Engineer
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business hold the number one global market position in eight of ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world. Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
Our location in Stockholm is the global head office of Bombardier's rail control solutions division. The site has 135 years' experience of signalling technology, and supplies control and signalling system solutions all over the world. Our high specialised team is engaged in product development of safety signalling.
We offer our specialists a modern, friendly, multinational environment and we encourage them to innovate.
If you are an international, innovating profile, apply for our exciting
Onboard Specific Application Engineer role in Stockholm (Sweden).
Purpose of the Role:
The main purpose of this position is to fit our generic ETCS Onboard Automatic Train Protection System (ATP) into a specific vehicle (train) type. By this, the role includes over-all engineering work, from site visits (mainly in Scandinavia, but also UK and South Africa), with electrical and/or mechanical design. Since this is an integration of a safety critical system, a great portion of our work is electrical design, creating schematics, write installation/de-installations manuals, analysis of requirements and documentation of the same. It is easy to learn within the team since we have an open discussions climate and due to the fact that the team consists of people with both wide and deep experience willing to share their knowledge. The team today exist of people between 32 and 64 years old.
- Field surveys including vehicle investigations of their characteristics.
- Interpret, generate and fulfil requirements.
- Produce electrical schematics/drawings/parts lists.
- Produce manufacturing instructions/checklists.
- Meetings/co-operations/support with external customers/manufacturers/installers and authorities.
- Write test cases/scenarios both standstill and operational.
- Support on site tests.
- Produce documents for safety cases and release info about the onboard system integration.
- Produce the deviation reports based on deviations from the Technical Specification.
- Participate in bid estimation work for new potential contracts.
- Bachelor degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering.
- MS Office knowledge is mandatory, including VISIO.
- Knowledge of DOORS and Rational Synergy are considered added-values.
- Experience in schematic drawing programs.
- Willing to travel (nationally and internationally).
- Easy to give and follow directions.
- Open minded, easily adaptable, positive attitude towards new challenges.
- Analytical, meticulous/accurate, and common sense.
- Self-propelled, to find solutions or answers for your tasks.
- English and Swedish business fluent are mandatory for this role.
- Experience of ERTMS or other safety-critical systems is highly valued.
- Able to work in team, responsible for your actions/decisions and result-oriented with a positive mind.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com