Project Manager ALM
Project Manager ALM
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Manager based at our site in Västerås, Sweden.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Manager acts within the boundaries of the contract to deliver the object of the contract to the customer and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier. To this effect, the Project Manager leads the Project Core Team in the successful completion of their assigned tasks within schedule, allocated budgets, and to the required quality.
- Responsible for the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), detailed project schedule, JDDP, customer interface, project risk, opportunity, and improvement management, project launch, change management and contractual obligation management, budget allocation and monitoring, project reporting internally for both status and financial performance;
- The Project Manager has the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Project Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the objective setting process for all Project Core Team members;
- The Project Manager is responsible for adapting his/her leadership and motivational skills to the project, the team or individual's capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available, and the results desired. She/He will develop “must do” strategies to increase team effectiveness and the belief that "none of us is as good as all of us".
- University degree in a technical area such as: Engineering (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical) or Manufacturing;
- Previous experience in a similar relevant role, ideally in railway industry. Alternatively, experience in other transportation industries is also valuable (e.g. aerospace, automotive);
- Working experience in Project Management is mandatory. Also, would be valuable experience in Bids, Sales, Contracts & Legal, Procurement, Engineering or Operations;
- Must possess proven ability to drive change, work independently, analyse data, assess project performance against targets, take appropriate actions in containing/mitigating concerns, drive results, determine when information needs to be escalated, identify when on-site support is needed and mobilize such support as necessary;
- International experience would be valuable;
- Language skills: Advanced/business fluent level of Swedish and English is mandatory.
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project management
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com