Project Operations Manager
Project Operations Manager
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Operations Manager based at our site in Västerås, Sweden.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Operations Manager manages the manufacturing part of a project, the delivery of products in accordance with the As-Designed Baseline and the capture of the As-Built records. The person in this role is the Single Point of Contact representing the Manufacturing function and sub-functions in the Project Core Team.
Functional Duties to the Project Core Team:
- To represent the Manufacturing function and sub-functions in the project
- To establish and manage the Manufacturing project plan
- To establish and manage the Initial Assembly Program, the List and Content of the Workstations, the Master Production Schedule, the Fabrication Scheduling Strategies, the First Product Schedule, and the Material Delivery Strategies
- To follow-up and report on the status of Manufacturing commitments, including potential risks and opportunities
Leadership Duties within the Project Core Team:
- To act as the single point of contact concerning the performance of Manufacturing in the project
- To represent Manufacturing on all project activities, in particular the start-up & project meetings
- To co-ordinate the activities regarding manufacturing and delivering the products
- To ensure that products are delivered in accordance with the As-Designed Baseline
- To ensure that the As-Built records are captured
Specific Responsibilities to other Project Core Team Roles:
- To Engineering: To co-ordinate the Manufacturing support for Design for Manufacturing
- To Procurement: To co-ordinate the Manufacturing support for the logistical aspects of supply Ensure definition, review, and approval of manufacturing relevant deliverables required from suppliers
- To Product Introduction: To co-ordinate the Manufacturing support to Product Introduction.
- To Configuration Management: To provide As-Built records for the release of the As-Built Baseline
- To Change Management: Ensure implementation of and report on changes following the Procedure GRP-000480
- Alignment with the Project Engineering Manager and Project Product Introduction Manager regarding Configuration Item List (CIL), Traceable Item List (TIL) and Functional Location Structure
- University degree in a technical area such as Engineering (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical) or Manufacturing;
- Previous experience in a similar relevant role, ideally in railway industry. Alternatively, experience in other transportation industries is also valuable (e.g. aerospace, automotive);
- Working experience in Project Management is mandatory;
- Must possess proven ability to drive change, work independently, analyse data, assess project performance against targets, take appropriate actions in containing/mitigating concerns, drive results, determine when information needs to be escalated, identify when on-site support is needed and mobilize such support as necessary, assist in optimizing the relationship between Bombardier Transportation and customers/suppliers;
- Language skills: Advanced/business fluent level of Swedish and English is mandatory.
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org