Project Quality Assurance Engineer
Project Quality Assurance Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Quality Assurance Engineer based at our site in Västerås, Sweden.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Quality Assurance (PQA) is the Quality representative in the Project Core Team. In this role, the PQA representative drives the Quality Planning and assures that all processes meet customer requirements.
The role includes coordination of other QHSE employees that are working in the project. The role has no direct reports.
You will also work with overall quality assurance together with the quality department. This includes:
- Maintain and improve the management system;
- Plan, perform, and follow-up internal audits and attend to customer and third-party audits;
- Tasks related to traffic safety;
- Support and educate when implementing new tools and systems (QHSE);
- Validate and implement new Bombardier GRP directives;
- Drive continuous improvements;
- Bid work.
- Review customer requirements and define the quality assurance work for project execution;
- Define and maintain the Project Quality Management Plan;
- Ensure company directives and processes are deployed and enforced within the project;
- Ensure that QHSE delivers within project budget;
- Ensure that the products fulfil traffic safety requirement and that the project work is according to the internal safety steering system;
- Conduct project audits to monitor compliance to customer contract and compliance to the change management, configuration management and other (business/customer required) processes;
- Support project during external audits by customer, Bombardier Transportation, and/or third-party auditors;
- Manage the non-conforming products/services and customer complaints that are quality related;
- Participate in Gate Reviews, Core Team Meetings, Project Lessons Learned/Feedback meetings, and other meetings as Quality Representative for Project;
- Be the interface with the customer regarding Quality, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, production etc.);
- Relevant senior experience in a similar role (Quality Assurance) in rail industry (alternatively, in other transportation industries, such as aerospace);
- Quality auditor certification (9001 and IRIS) is a plus;
- Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), project auditing, gate review, configuration management, Root Cause Analysis (8D, fish bone, 5 why, FMEA etc.);
- Knowledge of traffic safety regulation is a plus;
- International experience would be highly valuable;
- Language skills required: advanced/business fluent level of Swedish and English;
- Availability for occasional business travel within Sweden.
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org