Senior Test Engineer, Electrical
Senior Test Engineer, Electrical
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Test Engineer, Power Electronics to join us in Västerås
Based in Västerås, we have a vibrant and diverse set of people working in our Converter Engineering team, with a great mix of competencies, from different fields, areas of expertise, and levels. There is a lot of collaborations cross-functionally, and there are numerous of opportunities to learn from other specialist as well as to share your own competence and learnings with others. Are you keen on learning more about and being part of the developments in the world of rail technology, then this is the place to be! We are now welcoming you to join us!
Purpose of the job
As Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible for developing our future verification and testing capability and capacity in the area of power electronics, as well as maintaining the existing test facility and work for continuous safety improvements. The role includes development and maintenance of test methodology and test processes, a variation of practical testing, theoretical work, and analysis. Most of the time will be spent in our power electronics lab. The role includes global collaborations with various cross-functional teams and specialists, and coordination of activities related to the power electronics lab. The role reports to the Head of Engineering, Electrical. The Senior Test Engineer will have an opportunity to influence the future shape of our tests, take part in development of new products, to grow and expand its competence within the field of its own expertise.
- Developing and maintaining methodology as well as measurement techniques and analysis tools used in the power electronics lab.
- Maintaining and developing test circuits for verification of in the area of power electronics.
- Continuous safety improvements in the power electronics lab
- Perform tests and qualify power semiconductors as well as complete valve sets for customer project
- Evaluate new semiconductor technologies, and control concept.
- Prepare test specifications and communicate results in reports
- Support requirement discussions with other teams related to the valve set
- Support and drive complex error investigations and provide problem solutions for the area of power electronics
- 5-10 years of experience in one or several of the following areas: Power Electronics, Converter engineering, Power systems, Traction
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent
- Great knowledge and experience within testing, test development
- Experience in high voltage testing is an advantage
- Driven, solution-oriented and good interpersonal skills;
- Experience of Labview and Matlab is preferred
- Knowledge of PLECS, Simulink,is an advantage.
- Fluent in English
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, apply and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org