At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Software Engineer for the Rail Control Solutions in our site in Stockholm, Sweden.
About the role:
The Software Engineer role applies the principles of software engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of software by using C and C++ for the onboard software systems. On this role, you will be working with safety-critical embedded systems, safe software architecture(s) and safety engineering, using OS GNU/Linux and/or FreeBSD.
- Software development for RCS (Rail Control Solutions).
- Write and maintain software documentation.
- Evaluation of the quality of requirements, architectures, designs, code, and tests while placing focus on safety, robustness and availability.
- Requirements engineering.
- Root cause and Impact analyses.
- University or university of applied sciences degree (electrical engineering or automation technology, technical computer science).
- Relevant work experience in software development is required, ideally for embedded systems.
- Extensive Knowledge and Experience in C/C++ and scripting languages like Python/Bash.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design paradigms and software modelling and software test methodologies.
- Proven track record with requirements driven developments and traceability methods.
- Experience with agile software development.
- English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, Swedish will be considered a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Applicants with disabilities are preferred if they have the same qualifications.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com