FPGA Firmware Designer
FPGA Firmware Designer
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
FPGA Firmware Designer (m/f) for our location in Västerås, Sweden
The Control & Communication Platform organization is the Bombardier Transportation internal supplier of control system products for railway vehicle control. The organization is global with sites in Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, and India. The team in Västerås is responsible for computers, input and output products, and human machine interface products. We are now investing in new products with increased performance, cyber security protection and increased functionality.
We are currently looking to recruit a Firmware Design Engineer for our Control & Communication Platform development team located in Västerås, Sweden.
The FW Design Engineer within the Control & Communication Platform typically works in projects developing new electronic products. These projects are normally led by a project manager, supported by a HW Lead Engineer coordinating the hardware and the FW related activities. The FW Design Engineer is engaged in all phases of the project such as requirements management, architecture documentation, implementation of VHDL code as well as verification and testing of the design.
Main technical aspects of the job include analogue and digital electronic design in addition to VHDL programming.
- Develop new and maintain existing HW/FW implementations
- Develop and work with HW/FW architecture solutions
- Take part in developing and improving on processes (methods and instructions) and tools used within FW development
- Interaction with support functions and stakeholders of the Control & Communication Platform
- Relevant academic background, e.g. Master’s Degree in Electronics
- At least 5 years of experience with VHDL and electronic design
- Knowledge and experience of railway and safety standards, e.g. EN50155, EN50121-3-2 and 50657/50129
- Experience of working with industrial electronics and FW for embedded systems
- Knowledge about electronics (PCBA) manufacturing and its processes
- Knowledge about testing, both in production and during development
- Good documentation and presentation skills using MS Office tools
- Fluent in English and Swedish
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Ansök senast 2021-08-25
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org