At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Our Rail Control Solutions division site in Stockholm, Sweden is looking for an experienced Project Planner.
Purpose of the role
In this role, you will work as a Project Planner for software development (R&D) projects executed from sites in Sweden. There is a mixture of projects managed using both agile and waterfall methods. You will be in close contact with the Project Management Office in Sweden but will be involved in global projects.
The Planner is responsible to ensure that the project schedule is accurate, following the RCS RnD PM Process and RCS Planning process with Gate Reviews, critical milestones, Earned Values, Schedule Performance Index, Cost Performance KPIs, using Primavera as planning tool.
The work focuses on improving estimates and robustness of plans, leading to on-time delivery of the projects. Also support with improving Resource Management and Capacity Planning as the next level in the RCS Primavera implementation.
Key Responsibilities and challenges
- The Project Planner establishes and updates the Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of sub-schedules from all parties (functions, work package leaders) involved in the project.
- The Project Planner needs to challenge all inputs from all parties (including the PM) to ensure a realistic plan.
- The Project Planner regularly tracks and reports progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitors risks and opportunities as well as proactively develops scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans if required.
- The Project Planner produces schedule-related KPI’s as required.
Support to Project Management
- The Project Planner supports the Project Manager in discussions related to delays and/or improvements of the schedule.
- They support the Project Manager representatives communicating detailed schedule objectives or issues to suppliers or partners.
- The Project Planner works with the various function head to assign the resources to the planning, as well as performs the resource loading analysis
- They support specific key projects and transfer knowledge to the business.
- The Project Planner ensure RCS R&D Planning process is followed.
- To work actively to improve RCS R&D Planning processes & tools. To ensure they are used properly and in line with related processes in RCS.
- University degree in Project Management, Business Administration or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant planning role, ideally in similarly complex business areas (e.g. railways, oil & gas, construction, energy)
- Strong experience in using Primavera as a project planning tool
- Experience with using agile and waterfall methods is preferred
- Excellent English communication skills; other international languages are a plus (Swedish, German, Thai).
Most of all, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and soft skills. Communication is key to be successful in this role. At the same time, the ability to coach, lead, and influence others without direct authority are competencies that will make you successful in this position.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environ-ment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org