Aero and Thermodynamics Engineer
Aero and Thermodynamics Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as an Aero and Thermodynamics Engineer and you will be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
As an Aero and Thermodynamics Engineer, you will be responsible and support the drive of mechanical and electrical design and ensure fulfilment of expected product performance and legal requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Active part of iterative design work,
- Modelling/analyses of Aero and Thermodynamics properties/performance for single components as well as for fully integrated products,
- Perform CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) calculations regarding Aero and Thermodynamic,
- Document and interpret result and suggest way forward,
- Improvement suggestions of methodology and processes within area of expertise,
- Development of parametric models,
- Manage customer interface requirements, drive designs solutions and ensure integration into the vehicle design,
- Networking with peers, locally and globally.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferable in Technical Physics or Mechanical Engineering, with emphasis on Aero and Thermodynamics,
- Experience in CFD calculations gained educationally and professionally,
- Knowledge of commercial CFD codes preferably STAR CCM+,
- Knowledge of MATLAB,
- Knowledge of 3D CAD preparation tools is beneficial,
- Knowledge of LINUX operating system,
- Team player, agile, good communication skills, solution oriented with a customer focus
- Fluency in English, Swedish is beneficial.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com