Bid and Project Manager
Bid and Project Manager
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Bid and Project Manager for our location in Stockholm, Sweden.
In this role you will share your time between managing the complete Bid Process for Signalling opportunities and executing the projects after customer award.
As a part of the Bid Manager role, you will be responsible to deliver in time, in quality and with the appropriate internal approvals a most competitive offer to the final customer. The Bid Manager will have full responsibility in the bid preparation since the opportunity is handed over by the Sales Manager until the final bid is submitted to the customer.
As Project Manager, you will act within the boundaries of the contract with the full power of the Value Chain Entity President’s authority to deliver the object of the contract to the customer and the targeted margin for Bombardier. You are responsible to apply the key Project Management Processes and the applicable tools for the implementation and is accountable for the strict and efficient application thereof. You will lead the Project Team in the successful completion of their assigned scope, schedule, and budget within the required quality. The Project Manager has to ensure that all Project Core Team members have sufficient financial and reporting governance and to ensure all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
- The Bid Manager carries out all activities and responsibilities as part of the Bid Process including: contributes to the pre-Bid governance review with the Commercial & Market & Pricing Team; manage the full Bid governance until mandate is given and Bid submitted to the customer; support Sales with contract negotiation; ensure proper hand-over from bid to project execution; prepare and develop Lessons Learned reports.
- Structures and organizes the Task Oriented Bid Team, runs kick off meeting to ensure the Bid Strategy is understood by all stakeholders, manages the bid schedule, budget and progress, regular reporting to management, oversees the production of cost benchmarks and manages cost optimization phases.
- Full engagement with the Legal and Financial team to consolidate the Bid mandate.
- The Project Manager carries out all activities and responsibilities as part of the Project process: including: responsible for the WBS, Detailed Project Schedule, JDDP, Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch, Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting internally both status and financial performance.
- Allocate work packages between the roles and delegates day-to-day tasks to the Project Core Team members to optimize the project. Define and secure the support of the business partners and extended project team.
- University Degree in Engineering or Business Management
- Working experience either in Project Management, Bids, Sales, Contracts & Legal, Engineering or IT.
- Typically, 3-4 years of experience, minimum 2 years of Bid or Project Management experience.
- Proven leadership performance (PMP, 360° feedback).
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office is mandatory.
- Knowledge of using Primavera (P6) is appreciated.
- Knowledge of Contract Management is appreciated
- Good knowledge of Financial Modelling.
- Professional experience in the railway sector is considered a plus.
- Experience in international bid management in complex projects.
- Desired competencies: customer orientation, communication, team leadership, planning, drive for results, flexibility Good communication, planning and teamwork skills
- Language skills required advanced/business fluent level of English and Swedish. It could be beneficial to have at least a medium level of French or German.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org