At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Commodity Buyer!
About the role:
We are looking for two commodity buyers to our procurement team in Västerås, to be responsible for contract management of material to our propulsion factory in Västerås. The commodity buyer is an active member of local and global procurement network as well as working closely with other functions such as engineering, quality, operations, project management and commercial management to ensure material availability on time and on required quality.
As a commodity buyer you will be responsible for the execution of a purchase contract starting with handover from the bid to after FAI approval/1st delivery, which requires close cross-functional cooperation. You will drive procurement activities through the use of professional sourcing (RFQs for price lists) and purchasing practices and techniques in order to ensure parts availability while optimizing overall cost and inventory at the lowest level and highest quality.
- Prepare and issue request for quotation for selected supplier in accordance with Bombardier’s approved suppliers and commodity strategy
- During project execution: negotiate, create and manage purchase contracts / scheduling agreements, including negotiating projects specific requirements and follow up on deliverables within the scope of the contract.
- Protect project interests through proper and timely handling and/or expediting of relevant supplier related requests to manage claims, and order- and charge back process for their area of responsibility
- Manage supplier approval and onboarding of new suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance including on time delivery, quality and cost, and set up performance reviews with suppliers on a regular base
- Develop supplier delivery programs and performance in accordance with project needs and to minimize inventory level
- Drive cost savings initiatives for the commodity area of responsibility in close co-operation with global commodity management
- Degree in Engineering, Commercial or Technical Field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience / background in procurement, project management and / or engineering
- Good communication skills, analytical skills and planning skills
- Self-driven team-player with ability to support and lead other people
- Basic knowledge on commodities, global partnership agreements and global lead buyer network
- Language skills: Swedish – Native/Advanced, English – Advanced.
Come join our procurement team in Västerås!
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org