At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team oriented, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Commodity Buyer! We have a diverse team with people from various backgrounds, and a great team spirit in place, waiting for you to join them: don't wait, apply today!
About the role:
We are looking for two Commodity Buyers to join our procurement team in Stockholm, and to be responsible for contract management of material to the Rail Control Solutions organisation in Sweden. The commodity buyer is an active member of local and global procurement network as well as working closely with other functions such as engineering, quality, operations, project management and commercial management to ensure material availability on time and on required quality.
As a commodity buyer you will be responsible for the execution of a purchase contract starting with handover from the bid to after FAI approval/1st delivery, which requires close cross-functional cooperation. You will drive procurement activities through the use of professional sourcing (RFQs for price lists) and purchasing practices and techniques in order to ensure parts availability while optimizing overall cost and inventory at the lowest level and highest quality.
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers in line with sourcing strategies led by Global Lead Buyers
- Prepare and issue request for quotation for selected supplier in accordance with Bombardiers approved suppliers and commodity strategy
- Negotiate, create and manage purchase contracts / scheduling agreements, including negotiating projects specific requirements and follow up on deliverables
- Manage supplier approval and onboarding of new suppliers
- Monitor supplier performance including on time delivery, quality and cost, and set up performance reviews with suppliers on a regular basis
- Drive cost savings initiatives for the commodity area of responsibility in close co-operation with global commodity management .
- Align with Supplier panels and regional strategies..
- Participate in regional/global commodity network
- Develop long term supplier relationships through regular performance reviews and continually drive cost improvements
- We are open to candidates with a few years of relevant experience within procurement with basic knowledge on commodities, global partnership agreements and global lead buyer network.
- Commercial or Engineering university education
- 2-4 years of experience within procurement
- Good communication skills, analytical skills and planning skills
- Self-driven team-player with ability to support and lead other people
- Great stakeholder management
- Fluent in English
- Experience with project management would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, apply and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status Regular
Ansök senast 2021-05-15
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com