Component Engineer GDU/Power Semiconductor
Component Engineer GDU/Power Semiconductor
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Component Engineer GDU/Power Semiconductor and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Vasteras.
The purpose of the role of a Component Engineer GDU/Power Semiconductor is to establish a strong technical ownership for the technical area of Medium Power Semiconductor Switch functions. As a Power Semiconductor/GDU Component Engineer you will be the natural contact towards projects, suppliers, supply management, quality and divisions inside Bombardier regarding technical work within the assigned area of knowledge.
You need to gain a very in-depth knowledge of the Semiconductor Physics, Semiconductor Control, Gate Driver Design, Semiconductor Switch market, internal/external requirement as well cost and reliability. You will be part of the multifunctional technical team that includes Gate Drive Control (hardware and firmware and control), Semiconductor physics, and High Voltage Semiconductor lab. You will work within the team with technology/system/component evaluation, issue resolving, and also work together with internal and external contacts as products owners, converter production, and other specialist. You will also be part of a commodity team with representatives from supply, quality, and converter production.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Power Semiconductor for Medium Power Propulsion
- Power Semiconductor Control for Medium Power Propulsion
- Power Semiconductor Control Hardware for Medium Power Propulsion
- Power Semiconductor Lab facility for Medium Power Propulsion
Main mandates are:
- Evaluate the components
- Gate Driver with total ownership, Semiconductor, paste material strategy, and Semiconductor Control strategies
- Have up-to-date component documentation
- Constant focus on standardization, reliability increase, and cost
- Input to converter bid responsible and product strategy group
- Lead issue activities internally and in cooperation with supplier
- Offer component support for the customer, other functions and the PPC production
- Act as technical interface for suppliers within medium power
- MSc or PhD in the area of Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent knowledge gained for professional experience
- Very in-deep knowledge of Power Semiconductors / Power Semiconductor control / Power Semiconductor Hardware / High voltage lab
- Knowledge about converter products, propulsion system, or the railway industry in particular is meritorious
- Knowledge of the Semiconductor market, Gate Driver Market
- Good interpersonal and communication skills due to several internal and external parties. Technical argumentation will also be needed during discussions internally and externally
- Capable of managing multi-functional fault finding activities, able to drive 8D analysis in cooperation with external parties
- Strategic mindset in order to contribute to the technical strategies
- Fluent in Swedish and English (writing, reading and speaking)
- More than 5 years of experience in relevant areas
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-08-22
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com