Control Product Engineer
Control Product Engineer
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business hold the number one global market position in eight of ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world. Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
In the center of Västerås we develop new technology and integrate software and hardware into world leading propulsion products. We design propulsion products from metros in e.g. Stockholm, London and Shanghai, up to very high speed trains for China and Italy.
Are you interested in new challenges and want to be part of one our innovative engineering teams? We are now strengthening our teams and looking for new colleagues. We offer our specialists a modern, friendly, multinational environment.
If you are looking for a job in an international environment, as well in office as on the trains, working in a team together experienced control theory experts, apply for our excitingControl Product Engineer role in Vasteras (Sweden)
Purpose of the role
The main part of the role is to develop our environment for simulation, modelling and Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing of our propulsion and auxiliary system. In the HIL the propulsion and auxiliary system is modelled by e.g. Matlab with Simulink and executed on simulators from dSpace while the control system is the same as on a train.
The other part of the role will be to develop and analyse control systems & solutions in as well order projects as in standard products applied in our propulsion and auxiliary systems.
The work will mainly be carried out in office or in the Real time simulator setup, but also in power lab and on trains somewhere in the World. The long-term target of the position is to develop competence up to at least BT Expert level.
- Design the whole simulator set-up HW (hardware) and SW (software) based on earlier systems, but with new products;
- Develop models for the propulsion system;
- Design Control solutions;
- Signal processing, i.e. through filter design or frequency analysis;
- Implement (graphical functional block diagrams), Document, Test & Verify Control Software;
- Handle source code, configuration management, packaging & releases of software solutions;
- Execute theoretical analyses on control and dynamical systems performance, e.g. stability.
- Provide expert support, lead complex technical problem investigations and propose solutions;
- Educate co-workers & field personnel, give support to power lab or train tests, participate on commissioning & homologation of propulsion systems on simulators, in power lab or on train.
- PhD or MSc in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering or relevant degree required,
- Good relevant experience in control system development is mandatory;
- Good knowledge of control theory, signal processing, modelling and simulation are a must;
- Good communication skills, team player highly valued;
- English at a business fluent level is essential for the job;
- Swedish at an intermediate level is preferable.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Together we move.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com