We are developing propulsion systems for customers worldwide. As Electrical Engineer, you will be an important part of the product team working with our converter products and be responsible for the electrical design of the products.
In this role you will collaborate and work closely with product owners, and many other engineering functions, such as mechanical engineers, component engineers, system engineers and control engineers. You need to be curious, eager to learn and motivated by technical challenges.
Being the one who is responsible for the electrical design in the product team, you need to enjoy teamwork, be driven and solution oriented and like to coordinate different stakeholders to ensure that the product fulfils the electrical and functional requirements.
You will develop solutions together with other engineers, coordinate input and requirements on the product, perform component calculations, develop circuit diagrams on a concept level, participate in component selection, drive investigations, write technical specifications and reports and participate in the product validation.
In your role you will work globally and interact with engineers from other Bombardier sites. The work will both be carried out in the office, and in our test facility.
- Develop technical concepts and solutions based on requirements regarding operability and performance.
- Collect and coordinate input from other engineering functions and stakeholders, such as system engineers, propulsion control engineers, mechanical engineers, and product managers to ensure that the implemented solution fulfils the required functionality.
- Implement, document, test & validate functionality of converter products.
- Identify technical issues/needs and propose technical improvements.
- Propose solutions that can improve Bombardier and/or add customer value.
- Support and lead complex error investigations on our products;
- Write technical design specifications test specifications and test reports
- Review technical documentation such as circuit diagrams, design specifications, technical component specifications, test specifications and test reports.
- MSc or PhD in the area of Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or equivalent knowledge gained for professional experience is a must;
- Knowledge or experience in power electronics, electrical design and tests of converters or power systems is preferable;
- Analytical thinking is required;
- Driven, solution-oriented and eager to learn new things are mandatory traits;
- Good coordination, interpersonal and communication skills required;
- Good ability to both read and write technical documentation;
- Fluent in English (Writing & Reading & Speaking);
- Swedish at an intermediate level is preferable.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
Job: Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com