Functional Safety Engineer (m/f/d)
Functional Safety Engineer (m/f/d)
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are looking for a passionate and engaged Functional Safety Engineer for our Rail Control Solutions Division in one of our sites in:
Germany - Manheim, Brunswick, or Sweden - Stockholm.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As Functional Safety Engineer you have the responsibility to make sure that the design and development of the product is done in a way that assures safety throughout the product’s life-cycle.
Your role within a project will be to plan and execute the necessary safety analyses, and also to coordinate the safety-related tasks during project lifecycle, carried out by the other functions in the project, in order to get a successful safety approval of our product.
You are a member of the project core team and the interface to external safety stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CHALLENGES
- Maintain the Hazard Log and compile the product’s Safety Case and generate appropriate evidence for functional and technical safety
- Plan and perform the risk, hazard and safety analyses (e.g. HAZOP Hazard and Operability, FMEA - Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, FTA - Fault Tree Analysis)
- Plan, guide and follow-up the project’s safety-related tasks carried out by e.g. system engineering, development and test, implementing methods and techniques according to company quality and safety procedures as well as CENELEC standards
- Support the system development in safety related design decision and make sure that the product provides functional and technical safety
- Ensure close cooperation with external safety stake holders such as independent validator, customer safety manager, independent safety assessor, certification body and national safety approval authority, in order to discover any problems as early as possible
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering/ Software/ Hardware/ Physics/ Mathematics
- Several years of relevant experience in either railway, automotive or aviation industry
- Functional Safety Standards for example EN50128 or EN61508 or ISO 26262
- Hazard Identification techniques like FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis
- Software Architecture, Development and Testing
- Typical Railway Authorization Procedures such as TSI CCS and Common Safety Methods
- Sound understanding of concepts and procedures within Safety Engineering and a good knowledge of development of safety critical integrated systems
- High knowledge in Technical writing
- Process oriented (Hazard and Operability Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
- English proficiency is mandatory, German or Swedish language skills – nice to have
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Other Locations:DE-NI-Brunswick, DE-BW-Mannheim
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-07-22
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org