Hardware Team Leader
Hardware Team Leader - Object Controller Systems
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
HardwareTeam Leader - Object Controller System
In this role, you will lead a team of highly skilled Hardware and Component Engineers within our Object Controller Systems (OCS) department. You will also take part in HW research and development activities, as well as HW maintenance of industrial, real-time embedded products.
Our wayside Object Controller products (model OCS950), as well as our onboard computer platform (model CoHP-2) have the highest fail-safe requirements in terms of reliability and harsh environment operability.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
- Ensure personal growth and development of team members through coaching and mentoring in embedded, safety critical, railway control systems
- Team resource planning, including hiring of staff and temporary work force
- Performance reviews, including setting goals and follow up for each team member
- Provide capacity and competence as required, related to hardware engineering
- Coordinate with the Software, System and Test engineering groups
- Hardware design, implementation and verification.
- Engineering degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or another relevant degree (Master’s is preferred)
- Strong experience in designing hardware for embedded systems, preferably in a similar industry (i.e. aerospace, automotive, industrial control)
- Strong understanding of board design, including:
- Power design: SMPS, isolated converters, transformers
- Analog design: Analog filters, Signal Chain, ADC, DAC
- High Speed digital circuits: DDR2, DDR3, PCI-E
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC): design, tests, and troubleshooting
- Experience with at least one high end CAD/CAM system (Cadence, Altium, PADS)
- Excellent English fluency is a requirement.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Your ideas move people.
Job: H/W Design
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-09-08
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com