Head of System Platform (m/f)
Head of System Platform (m/f)
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as a Head of Propulsion System Platform and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
Lead and manage a team of direct reporting engineers. The team consists of senior propulsion system architects, EMC experts, RAMS experts and Requirements Management experts.
The role of the team is to develop electrical propulsion systems both within customer contracts and developing tomorrows propulsion system solutions. The team has the above mentioned expert competency areas which needs to be maintained and developed.
The role handles both the team as well as driving new methods and solutions, such as standardizing propulsion system platforms.
The Propulsion System Platform team is a central team for entire propulsion system development and the deliveries has to be on time and to the highest standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and maintain close contact with the direct reports.
- Develop the team to achieve its full potential.
- Develop action plans and coordinate resources to address and resolve problems when needed.
- Responsibility for management and development of relevant skills (workforce planning, performance management, career development, succession planning and recruitment).
- Responsibility for the engineering team’s focusing on meeting the financial and technical requirements and the schedule of the projects they are working with.
- Responsibility for the continuous improvement of processes, tools and methods regarding business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations and new market conditions.
- Sets vision and provides hands-on guidance for standardization and platform principles.
- Master’s degree in engineering, such as Electrical Engineering, Technical Physics or equivalent
- Work experience from electrical propulsion systems or relevant fields
- Experience in leading teams and/or projects
- Experience from international complex projects
- Experience from modularization and standardization is an advantage
- Cross functional knowledge from control functionality to power converter engineering
- Knowledge in safety critical applications and/or EN50126/28/29 (or other related standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 etc) is beneficial
- Fluency in Swedish and English at a business level is essential for the job
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Ansök senast 2021-09-21
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com