High Voltage System Engineer
High Voltage System Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a High Voltage System Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
As a High Voltage System Engineer, you will be responsible to develop propulsion systems, especially the high voltage (HV) parts both electrically and mechanically in collaboration with fellow engineers. Your responsibilities also include to specify the high voltage components/subsystems
In this role you will have an overview of the propulsion system from the high voltage component/subsystem to vehicle level. The position includes collaborating with other propulsion engineering departments in order to get all parts of the system to work together and working with suppliers to develop HV components, subsystems such as Energy Metering and AC HV boxes, including transformers.
Your main context is in your team projects, however you are expected to support parallel projects and bids with reviews. The position includes international contact, as most of our projects are delivered abroad and the suppliers are international.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop standardised HV component/subsystem solutions together with suppliers and System Architects to be used for delivery projects;
- Ownership of the Energy Metering System;
- Secure that all involved roles that work with the HV and the propulsion system are synchronized to meet promised deliverances to projects;
- Solving technical issue in collaboration with other functions;
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience for bachelor’s degree;
- Competence or previous experience in High Voltage equipment or electric drivelines is an advantage;
- Solid understanding of electrical power or propulsion systems;
- Good communication and influencing skills, team player, problem-solver;
- Fluency in English, Swedish is desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org