Independent Safety Assessor
Independent Safety Assessor
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit an independent safety assessor (m/f) for our site in Stockholm.
As Independent Safety Assessor you are responsible for providing an independent professional opinion that the signaling system meets its safety requirements in its intended environment for use.
You will plan and perform the assessment tasks such as review of hazard analysis, review of safety cases, design and test as well as verification and validation documentation.
You will compile an Assessment Report that documents the results of your work.
You will work in parallel, but independently from the project team to check that the project team including Validator work in compliance with internal processes and safety standards.
- Safety Assessment: Provide Safety Assessment as defined in CENELEC Standards for Railway control sysytems and solutions.
- Reporting: Prepare List of Open Points to capture all assessment review findings and associated closure arguments. Prepare Assessment Report as overall result of your work.
- Planning: Develop Assessment Plans in accordance with Inspection Body procedures and applicable safety standards. Plan your work according to the project’s milestones.
- Safety Audits: Perform safety audits, generate audit reports and follow-up audit findings.
- Training/ Mentoring: In line with applicable rules of independence provide Safety Awareness training and mentoring to the Engineering organization.
- Bachelor degree or higher education in engineering or computer science; Relevant Safety qualifications
- Minimum 1 years’ work experience in railway/aerospace industry;
- Knowledge of one or more typical Railway Operations such as ERTMS/ETCS, ATC2, CBTC is beneficial;
- Knowledge of railway signalling CENELEC norms;
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and safety analysis methods (FTA, HAZOP, FMECA);
- Comfortable in working with multiple engineering disciplines and customers;
- Good communication skills, team player, result oriented and attention to details;
- Capable of coordinating work within the project and handling conflict resolutions;
- Willingness to travel up to 10% per year
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: SE-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-10-12
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com