Legal Counsel Nordics
Legal Counsel Nordics
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Legal Counsel in Stockholm, Sweden
About the role
The Legal Counsel works in the legal department of the Rolling Stock (ROS) Division or Services (SER) and participates in the bid process and projects in execution by assuming responsibility for all legal aspects from the Invitation To Tender (ITT) until the end of the warranty period. He/she manages legal affairs for the ROS Division/SER in Sweden. Focus of this job is the provision of legal advice the negotiation with third parties (incl. drafting of legal documents) and compliance with BT policies (incl. the obtaining of mandates) that relate to legal aspects of the business. The Legal Counsel will handle bids and projects with a medium to large size and with medium complexity (incl. consortia set-ups, difficult terms & conditions).
Participates in a wide range of activities concerning all legal areas:
- Pre-Bid Stage: Analyze the bidding documents (ITT, RFQ, RFP etc.) and identify issues; advice on bidding strategy & set-up; responsibility for bidding agreements (incl. memorandum of understanding and sales representative agreement).
- Bid Stage: Joint risk analysis and mitigation strategy for multi-functional issues & gaps with relevant functions; preparation of contract summaries and obtaining mandates; responsibility for the terms & conditions of the BT offer; responsibility for teaming agreements (consortium/partnership agreement, shareholders’ agreement) and key sub-supplier agreements; coordination of inter-regional/divisional agreements.
- Preferred Bidder Stage: Negotiation of the supply & service agreements, securities (incl. parent company guarantees and bonds); responsible for public procurement law review procedures (defensive & offensive)
- Bids with medium to large size and with certain challenges (onerous terms & conditions, new product, competitive environment etc.).
Projects, Claims & Litigation:
- Support to commercial, contractual and claim aspects of customer, partner & supplier contracts.
- Responsibility for related and non-project related litigation (incl. court proceedings and alternative dispute resolution
Corporate & Legal Affairs, Compliance:
- Responsible for corporate affairs of legal entities that are based in Sweden.
- Responsible for legal matters such as real estate leases, health, safety & environment matters, research & development agreements and transfer of technology agreements.
- Provide compliance training to board members and other functions (incl. corporate law, anti-trust law, anti-corruption law).
- Manage engagement of external legal consultants.
- University degree in law with an above-average exam and, preferably, a focus on contract or business law;
- Eligibility to practice law in Sweden;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Ability to speak and write advanced English and Swedish, other language skills are a plus;
- Experience in commercial law, competition law, international contracts;
- Ability to work autonomously, but also within a team;
- Very good interpersonal skills;
- Availability for occasional business travels.
If you are interested, apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Legal Services
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com