At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Methods Engineer based at our site in Västerås, Sweden.
Purpose of the role
The Methods Engineer liaises between Engineering and Manufacturing to optimize manufacturability of products, throughput times and productivity, leads production of the building of the first vehicle of each type, proving processes and TAKT times and supports Engineering in capturing Manufacturing needs - drives Design for Manufacturing and standardization.
He /She ensures that manufacturing layouts and technical documentation are accurate and optimised across all functions and that all technical information is up to date, complete and available on time. The Methods Engineer also ensures that the introduction of technical changes is effectively coordinated and that build of first vehicle is successfully executed. He/She drives process improvements based on feedback from later stages/customer.
- Create, document and maintain user friendly manufacturing documentation (Work Record Books, Work Instructions etc.) for Production staff;
Create and maintain the manufacturing Bill of Materials;
Create and maintain labor estimates for tasks, including skills required.
- Create production throughput plans that are based on continuous improvement towards lean
Material control: defining the contents and design of Assembly Kits required to support production, creation of stores pick lists and fastener kits.
- Liaise with all site functions on project related issues.
- Carry out investigations and reports into processes and component failure, including correspondence with Engineering and Quality departments to resolve technical enquires in a
Lead technical reviews/warranty investigations and assist with implementation of corrective and improvement actions with the project and production management teams.
- Provide technical support to Bids;
Provide cost estimates for changes and implement Customer Variations/Variation Orders and communicate changes to the Production and project functions;
Undertake technical compliance reviews against customer specifications (clause by clause);
Support the execution of time studies.
- Technical education in an area such as tooling, engineering, manufacturing engineering, engineering change management etc.;
- Relevant experience in a similar role, ideally in rail industry (alternatively, in other transportation or similar heavy production industry);
- Experience in operations, production, planning, technical documentation, digitalization of planning methods/tools, process improvement;
- Knowledge of or experience in using Maximo system would be valuable;
- Language skills required: advanced/business fluent level of English and Swedish.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Methods Technician
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org