Odometry System Engineer
Odometry System Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are looking to recruit for our Rail Control Solution division a Odometry Software Engineer in Stockholm
Purpose Of The Role:
In this role you will successfully design, develop, improve, correct and maintain odometry specific solutions for our on board systems, as part of our Rail Control Solutions Division. Also you will act as interface between internal and external clients, interact with our internal development department (including SW and HW design, testing and validation) and you will offer support in writing necessary documents for the safety cases.
- Development and integration of odometers specific solutions by adding new sensors or making corrections/ improvements to existent systems.
- Sub-system design and integration, requirements management and writing technical documentation.
- Handling change requests and non-conformity reports.
- Interpret, design and implement algorithms based on existing data and requirements.
- Produce the product release plan/roadmap, product narrative and reference list.
- Interfacing with different stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Participate in bid estimation work for new potential contracts
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent knowledge and/ or experience working with odometry and/or speed sensors, preferably in transportation industry.
- Relevant experience working with implementation of model in physics and solution to complex problems related to train applications or technical systems.
- Easy to understand SW and HW, and their interconnection.
- Knowledge of job-specific tools (Synergy/RTC, Doors, C, C++, Unix/Linux others may apply) is an advantage.
- Swedish and English language skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and customer orientation skills.
- Willingness to travel (nationally and international).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation?
If so, apply and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people
Job: System Integration
Primary Location: SE-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com