Onboard Reliability Engineer
Onboard Reliability Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as an Onboard Reliability Engineer in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
The Onboard Reliability Engineer main objective is to contribute to the Reliability Improvement of BT's products and services. In this role he is responsible to manage the field failures for various customer projects. This includes organizing and leading Failure Review Boards, performing troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis on Onboard System and Subsystem Level, liaising with Product Development, and being part of the global Reliability Community. This enables the Reliability Engineer to deliver regular performance KPI of the fleet and propose Corrective and Mitigating Actions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Root Cause Analysis on Project Level and perform hands-on troubleshooting.
- Organize and chair Failure Review Boards.
- Ensure Quality and Completeness of Data in the FRACAS database.
- Cooperate with other departments and functions, e.g. Field Support, EQM, Logistics, R&M.
- Drive the implementation and Optimization of the Continuous Improvement Process for Business Unit Region North.
- Support the RCS Reliability Community with creating and reviewing technical documents, providing training for fellow engineers and other tasks as required.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent proven work experience.
- Knowledge of general IT tools (MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio).
- Knowledge of job-specific tools (Synergy, RTC, Maximo, others may apply) is a plus.
- At least basic Knowledge of RCA and DMAIC methodology, more profound knowledge and Experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, documentation and technical drawings of complex technical systems.
- Understanding SW and HW and their interconnection.
- Basic Linux knowledge.
- Planning and scheduling skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- English business fluent is mandatory for this role.
- Willingness to travel (nationally and international).
- Open minded, easily adaptable, positive attitude towards new challenges.
- Being proactive and effective in an unsupervised working environment.
- Able to work in a team, responsible for your actions/decisions and result-oriented with a positive mindset.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com