Onboard Specific Application Engineer
Onboard Specific Application Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Onboard Specific Application Engineer role in Stockholm
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The main purpose of this position is to fit our generic ETCS Onboard Automatic Train Protection System (ATP) into a specific vehicle (train) type. By this, the role includes over-all engineering work, from site visits (mainly in Scandinavia, but also UK and South Africa), with electrical and/or mechanical design. Since this is an integration of a safety critical system, a great portion of our work is electrical design, creating schematics, write installation/de-installations manuals, analysis of requirements and documentation of the same. It is easy to learn within the team since we have an open discussions climate and due to the fact that the team consists of people with both wide and deep experience willing to share their knowledge.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL:
- Field surveys including vehicle investigations of their characteristics
- Interpret, generate, and fulfil requirements
- Produce electrical schematics/drawings/parts lists
- Produce manufacturing instructions/checklists
- Meetings/co-operations/support with external customers/manufacturers/installers and authorities
- Write test cases/scenarios both standstill and operational
- Support on site tests
- Produce documents for safety cases and release info about the onboard system integration
- Produce the deviation reports based on deviations from the Technical Specification
- Participate in bid estimation work for new potential contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in either electrical or mechanical engineering
- MS Office knowledge is mandatory, including VISIO
- Knowledge of DOORS and Rational Synergy are considered added-values
- Experience in schematic drawing programs
- Willing to travel (nationally and international)
- Easy to give and follow directions
- Open minded, easily adaptable, positive attitude towards new challenges
- Analytical, meticulous/accurate, and common sense
- Self-propelled, to find solutions or answers for your tasks
- English and Swedish business fluent are mandatory for this role
- Experience of ERTMS or other safety-critical systems is highly valued
- Able to work in team, responsible for your actions/decisions and result-oriented with a positive mind
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-10-12
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com