Onboard System Engineer
Onboard System Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Onboard System Engineer role in Stockholm, Sweden
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Onboard System Engineer is a business-oriented engineer working with generic and specific applications within onboard engineering area. The task is to identify input requirements and to formalize them into requirements and specifications. This includes liaising with customers, project engineers, validators, assessors and homologation authorities and other stakeholders.
In addition, the definition and documentation of safety-related documentation is part of the work scope, such as maintaining and following up the hazard database for designated products, FTAs, hazard analysis and related tasks in conjunction with constructing the safety case of a system.
The Onboard System Engineer needs to seek continuous feedback regarding the systems and subsystems used by active participation in integration, laboratory and from field tests, by soliciting and receiving information and feedback about the customer/user experience and the use of systems in actual applications.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL:
- Review and create technical specifications, requirements and safety documentation in the onboard projects, estimates costs and schedules
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments & with relevant functions (Project Management, System Owner, Development, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids, etc.).
- Participate in analyses regarding various products, analyze impact from new standards, review and support system test and integration engineers, participate in evaluations of requirements in bids.
- Perform continuous optimization of System Engineering processes/tools/behaviors by considering business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
- Master or Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience post graduate.
- Knowledge of and experience with general IT tools (MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio)
- Good knowledge of job-specific tools (Synergy, Doors, others may apply) is an asset
- Experience with the methodologies for analysis and specifying systems
- Experience with specification and documentation of complex technical systems
- Good system knowledge on a technical level and strong background in railway signaling (ATP and/or ERTMS technologies would be a plus)
- Easy to understand SW and HW, the interconnection - how SW and HW work together.
- Planning and scheduling skills is a plus
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders
- English business fluent is mandatory for this role; Russian and German knowledge is an advantage
- Willingness to travel (nationally and international)
- Open minded, easily adaptable, positive attitude towards new challenges
- Able to work in team, responsible for your actions/decisions and result-oriented with a positive mind
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-08-22
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org