Operational Excellence Manager
Operational Excellence Manager
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world. Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
In the center of Västerås we develop new technology and integrate software and hardware into world leading propulsion products. We design propulsion products from metros in e.g. Stockholm, London and Shanghai, up to very high speed trains for China and Italy.
Are you interested in new challenges and want to be part of one our innovative engineering teams? We are now strengthening our teams and looking for new colleagues. We offer our specialists a modern, friendly, multinational environment.
If you are looking for a job in an international environment, as well in office as on the trains, working in a team together experienced control theory experts, apply for our exciting Operational Excellence role in Vasteras (Sweden)
Purpose of the role
He / she ensures that the behavior for Operational Excellence is delivered and maintained over Services Execution Nordics. The position will deliver robust processes and procedures that will be incorporated into the Management System to optimize project implementation. He / she will have a crucial joint responsibility for delivering Best Practice in the Nordic region and other BT regions. This will include defining the project's maintenance strategy around the key factors and developing a long-term strategic plan. As responsible for Services Operations Support, he / she will define Fleet Maintenance Operations' short and long-term vision and ensure that methods are in place to measure production via clear key indicators. He / she will be responsible for operational management and can perform Deep Dive and ad hoc analysis to fully understand operational problems and identify opportunities for improvement / appropriate solutions with expected cost and benefit. He / she will be responsible for identifying and delivering improvement projects that can influence strategic decisions for the company. Participate in planning of the planning functions and provide data and input values on all aspects of the business as needed. Participate and lead changes in the business and drive improvements in processes that enable growing business. He / she will support the development of Value-Added Services - AIMS and new technology development to further develop Operational Performance across Services Execution Nordics. He / she supports the bid teams so that the bids are delivered, the maintenance strategy is embedded, and lessons are fully implemented. He / she ensures a systematic work of collecting, analyzing and producing improvements for our current maintenance activities and future needs in terms of quality, cost and time (availability, reliability in service, train quality). He / she provides value to BT by coordinating the entire value chain for maintenance operations (i.e. business improvement, best practices and cost efficiency) by setting challenging operational goals that ensure that the organization fully delivers on contract and maximizes profitability and cash flow throughout the product. life span. He / she will be responsible for supporting the Project Managers to ensure standardization of the contracts regarding their approach to maintenance, LEAN, CI, KPIS, Use of Maximo, Technology etc. ...
He / she is responsible for the mobilization groups that will be assigned to the Project Manager to mobilize each contract. Responsible for the planning of the mobilization requirements and securing of the projects has enough resources and skills to ensure a successful mobilization of their contract / project
- People Management & HSE
- Coaching and mentoring with regards to Fleet Maintenance Strategy
- Responsible for embracing and delivering zero tolerance for Health & Safety Management. Ensuring awareness is embedded throughout the process.
- Develop a competence within the framework of competence development and develop basic skills within Services Nordics
- Build a strong team, with people with the right skills and ensure that all operational processes are carried out and followed carefully.
- Strong control within the projects so that we will make sure we fulfil our targets and agreements
Services Execution Strategy
- Define the maintenance strategy and communication plan to get a joint collaboration from the Nordic countries, Rolling Stock and other international BT projects.
- He / she will be responsible for the long-term planning of the contract, data integrity and PDCA-driven mentality
- Develop the concept with a visually balanced scorecard for the project's life status
- Act as the main interface with the ALM Operation Manager and the FMS Portfolio Manager for all Fleet projects throughout the Nordic region.
- Integration and collaboration to bring Product Introduction closer to Services Execution
Regional Strategic Influence
- Support the development and implementation of the Fleet Maintenance Strategy, while understanding the operational limitations
- Ensure the development of Value-Added Services - Orbita and new technology development to further develop Operations Performance. Improve data collection and productivity when performing train and troubleshooting maintenance and supporting all innovation (tools, processes) to maintain BT's competitive advantage
- Data integration requires a standard focus with the development of business objects
- Mobile technology must be included in the strategic plan
- Long-term Nordic service maintenance
- Very strong experience in relevant roles, managing complex train maintenance operations in multiple sites and with significant blue-collar workforce;
- Successful track record influencing train specifications and design for serviceability;
- Proven experience in business process reengineering through IS/IT and change programme;
- Knowledge of Network Rail and infrastructure access;
- Expert in managing thousands of maintenance instructions;
- In depth knowledge of the railway industry and of its trends with specific reference to train maintenance;
- In depth knowledge of the rail market (train operators and competitors);
- Expert understanding of how sub-functions integrate the train maintenance value chain
- Good communication skills, team player highly valued;
- English at a business fluent level is essential for the job;
- Swedish at an intermediate level is preferable.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Together we move.
Job: Technical Services
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com