Procurement Bid Manager
Procurement Bid Manager
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Procurement Bid Manager!
Procurement Bid Manager role in Vasteras (Sweden)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As Procurement Bid Manager in Västerås, you will be part of the procurement team, working together with buyers, project procurement managers and supplier quality assurance engineers. You will also work with other functions and sites, creating a connection to both a local team and an international multi-site environment, with contacts in many parts of the world.
Your key task is to drive the coordination of all procurement bid preparation activities including liaison with other functions to ensure a competitive procurement cost input into Bombardier Tenders.
The tasks include assessment of all Procurement risks and mitigation actions to ensure flawless execution.
Västerås is a development and industrialisation site within Bombardier and in that context, there will also be opportunities to drive and coordinate the procurement tasks in the start-up phase of new delivery projects, as a project procurement manager.
- Define the target price and influence all functions to get a proper agreement for procurement bid input;
- Ensure Commodity sourcing strategies are integrated into the Bid in consultation with Global Lead Buyers;
- Coordinate offers from suppliers and ensure deployment of Supplier offer and evaluation tool to drive optimized procurement cost and supplier selection;
- Support supplier negotiations for material bids in coordination with Global Commodity Buyers and Global Lead Buyers;
- Act as the Procurement representative on the Bid Core team and Product Family core team;
- Support the gate process during the Bid preparation process;
- Co-ordinate and manage the bill of material ( BOM );
- Drive and identify material cost reduction initiatives that cover the entire product life cycle to increase the competitiveness and competitive advantage of the Product Families and variants;
- In case of participation in the start-up phase of a new project: Monitor procurement activities in respect of time and cost and be part of the project core team.
- Engineering degree, commercial degree with technical background, complemented by a demonstrated track record of success;
- Secondary degree such as MBA / MSC desirable;
- 5-8 years of experience in Procurement, including strong exposure/experience to Project Management or Finance;
- Solid technical knowledge of the different systems and materials used in our business or very pronounced interest to acquire this knowledge;
- Strong analytical skills and continuous improvement skills;
- English at a fluent level is mandatory (both written and speaking).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Job: Procurement & Global Sourcing
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com