Procurement Bid Manager
Procurement Bid Manager
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Procurement Bid Manager!
About the role:
Description Project Manager:
The responsible drives the coordination of all Procurement Bid preparation activities including liaison with other functions to ensure a competitive procurement cost input into BT Tenders.
The responsibilities include assessment of all Procurement risks and mitigation actions to ensure flawless execution.
- Winning material bids:
- Supports the preparation of selected White Books by preparing Procurement input covering topics of supplier panel, localization and logistics
- Defines the target price and influences all functions to get a proper agreement for procurement bid input
- Ensures Commodity sourcing strategies are integrated in to the Bid in consultation with Global Lead Buyers
- Ensures and obtains a validated EBOM (Engineering Bill of Material) from the Engineering teams
- Coordinates offers from suppliers and ensures deployment of Supplier offer and evaluation tool to drive optimized procurement cost and supplier selection
- Manage CBOM (Cost at Bill of Material):
- Co-ordinates and manages Bill of Material (BOM) for specific tenders
- Support make - buy decision making
- Provides Procurement Team with feedback regarding tender activities underway and completed
- Ensures all Procurement risks are identified, reviewed and integrated in to the BID ROP
- Contributes to the Blue Book and support Bid Manager in the Governance process
- Prepares the procurement elements of the Blue Book throughout each of its iterations over the life cycle of the bid
- Supplier support:
- Ensures alignment of bid sourcing plan with BT supplier panel and commodity strategy and closing of all exceptions with Global Lead Buyers
- Supports supplier negotiations for material bids in coordination with Global Commodity Buyers and Global Lead Buyers
- Assists the evaluation of offers from internal and external suppliers
- Uploads all Procurement Bid inputs and documents in to the BT Procurement Bids Project Tracking Database (PTD) / SharePoint
- Other responsibilities:
- Supports the completion of material bid input and risk assessment where appropriate
- Puts in place a hand over process to ensure continuity from bid to project with the designated Project Procurement manager
- Undertakes lessons learnt exercise on bids and ensures feedback loop in to other bids and projects
- Engineering degree, commercial degree with technical background, complemented by a demonstrated track record of success
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement
- Strong exposure/experience to Project Management or Finance
- Solid technical knowledge of the different systems and materials used in our business or very pronounced interest to acquire this knowledge
- Soft skills: negotiation skills, presentation skills, drive for results
- Language skills: Swedish– advanced, English – professional.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Procurement & Global Sourcing
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org