At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you will be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities, and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It is all about progress.
The Control & Communication Platform Team is responsible for development and maintenance of a product platform, consisting of Control Computers, Network Components, Displays, I/O devices and related development Tools. The product platform is applied in Bombardiers vehicle project all over the world, in all types of railway vehicles.
Join us as a Product Architect Controls and you will be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
In this role, you will have responsibilities and a large impact within the Control & Communication Platform development within Bombardier. The Product Architect shall have an overall view of the product, both including hardware and software, and be able to translate customer requirements and use cases into an appropriate product design.
Your responsibilities include:
- Requirements and architecture work within development projects for new development or maintenance of the products in the platform
- Work closely together with suppliers
- Leading technical investigations and pre-studies of new products, new functions or for issue resolution
- Communicate both internally and externally to gather requirements, bring in new technical solutions and to sell the solutions to customers
- Structure and prepare documentation
- Master’s degree in computer science or comparable
- 5 years of relevant work experience in embedded software/hardware development, with requirements and architecture – key words are multicore, Linux, VxWorks and QNX.
- Demonstrates strong communication and diplomacy skills; drive for results, good problem-solver with a systematic approach
- Good documentation and presentation skills using MS Office tools
- It is desirable with good knowledge about industrial or railway safety standards and cyber-security for embedded systems
- Fluency in English is required, and Swedish is desired
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology, and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com