Product Manager Drives
Product Manager Drives
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Product Manager Drives and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås. Sweden.
As a Product Manager Drives, you will be responsible to ensure that all DRIVE products (traction motor, gearbox, coupling and other drive equipment elements) in your segment are available for sale and delivery within agreed performance, technical risk and cost that continually support the required growth, profitability and quality objectives of the Division. In this sense, you will have to lead the Product Engineers of the segments as well as to control and ensure the quality of the product engineering at all phases of the project from the beginning phase through to service operation. The Product Manager Drives is the product owner and has responsibility for cost ownership of the products in his segment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the competitiveness of product portfolio in terms of technology, costs, robustness;
- Observe the market to identify portfolio/technology gaps and derive the right actions;
- Ensure a close link to stakeholders in other Bombardier Transportation divisions/regions/organizations especially with Global Product Management to align product strategies;
- Provide guidance to all Product and Project Engineers within the segment at all phases of the projects, from Bid phase to Warranty as well as Maintenance phases. Returns lessons learned to new development;
- Maintain and further develop the network connections with internal customers and with suppliers;
- Maintain close collaboration with all engineering functions;
- Ensure the maintenance of the knowledge and of the product documentation within the Product segment.
- Education: bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, preferable within rail vehicle engineering or transportation;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Expert knowledge in DRIVE technology; especially in Medium Power Product (MPP) area;
- Specific knowledge in DRIVE/vehicle design to understand the ‘big picture’;
- Experience in leading teams;
- Sense for coordination, good communication skills and team spirit;
- Open minded and ready to lead an international team, capable to work with different cultures;
- Readiness to travel.
- Business fluent in English language, Swedish and German are desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org