Product Manager Onboard Systems
Product Manager Onboard Systems
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Product Manager Onboard Systems for our location in Stockholm (Sweden) or Mannheim (Germany).
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Product Manager Onboard Systems has the overall technical responsibility for the Bombardier Onboard Platform. You will be responsible for aligning the product development program with the key market requirements (such as RAMS, costs, performance, functional requirements, adherence to standards, obsolescence handling, etc) and by this for defining the Onboard Platform roadmap.
The Product Manager Onboard Platform defines the R&D program for the Onboard platform and provides input to the R&D budget cycle to keep the onboard product portfolio competitive, being also responsible for product standardization and rationalization.
As a Product Manager Onboard, your responsibilities will be splitted between the high level definition of requirements and R&D roadmap, and stakeholder management tasks.
- Define High Level Requirements and R&D roadmap
- Define and align the Onboard platform development plan (package plan) with onboard management (Cityflo, ETCS, Inteflo)
- Propose and align the R&D budget for the platform
- Compile platform subsystem roadmap and platform strategy narratives and inform about the platform development program at the product board
- Interface external stakeholder (suppliers but as well other BT divisions)
- Stakeholder Management
- Technical Lead of product owners
- Align with regional bid teams, application development project teams regarding platform development roadmap
- Aligns with operations regarding production and obsolescence matters,
- Aligns with strategic sourcing regarding product costs,
- Support project teams in important customer meetings
- Represent RCS externally regarding product matters
- Represent RCS towards the vehicle division regarding product matters
- Participate BT wide technical discussions forums regarding onboard solutions (such as TCMS round table)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in onboard systems or relevant embedded systems
- International working experience, in a complex environment (preferable a matrix organization) required
- Good knowledge in the life cycle management of embedded systems (from definition to obsolescence management)
- Proven experience in leadership, in a matrix organisation, needed
- Very good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and continuous improvement skills required
- Flexibility and international travel to a medium degree required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-09-08
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com