Production Test Engineer
Production Test Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Production Test Engineer and you will be looking at a career-defining role in
Stockholm, Sweden, in the leading engineering site of Bombardier’s Rail Control Solutions division.
Purpose of the role
The Production Test Engineer will be focused on Developing new Applications and Platforms for Production Test Equipment and additionally supporting existing Test Equipment in use for Bombardier Product Manufacture.
This equipment is installed at both internal manufacturing sites and third party CEM manufacturing sites and is essential to ensure that Divisional products are delivered on time and to the required Quality.
Working as part of a Global team, the Engineer will also be responsible for Design for Test with the Product Design Authority, for a wide range of Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Products.
- Specify and commission key updates and new test equipment at External and Internal Manufacturing sites
- Support existing test applications used in production to avoid production downtime
- Develop Test Plans for Bombardier Transportation products from requirements
- Produce manufacturing documentation including Test instructions and System Manuals
- Evolve and improve Test Development processes in a growing function
- Develop Test Plans from Performance Requirements for a wide range of products from digital systems to Safety-Critical RF transmission units
- Specify, develop and commission key test equipment at Worldwide External and Internal Manufacturing sites.
- Support existing test applications used in production to minimise production downtime
- Provide Design for Test feedback during the product development phase.
- Develop supporting documentation, including Test Instructions and system Manuals.
- Evolve and improve Test Hardware Platforms, Software Frameworks and Development Processes in a growing function
- Minimum two years relevant Industrial Experience or suitable Engineering Degree
- Good working knowledge of C# .net or C++ languages.
- Ability to develop requirements specifications for and fault find electrical and electronic hardware
- Experience in Production Test Equipment Development disciplines including software version control, Boundary scan, RF Test, Development tools such as Measurement Studio, product development cycles or mechanical design would be an advantage.
- Advanced English skills are a mandatory for the role, Swedish skills are considered a plus.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org