At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Project Engineer for our location in Västerås, Sweden
The role is located at our Control & Communication Platform development in Västerås. The Control & Communication Platform develops and maintains a generic product portfolio with products for control, visualization, I/O and network communication, applied in all Bombardier Transportation vehicle projects globally. It is therefore good opportunities to have a wide contact network in the global Bombardier Transportation organization.
In this role you will lead product development projects and maintenance activities for development/maintenance/enhancements of Control and HMI Products for the Control & Communication Platform. Development includes embedded software and hardware or both. We are working with state-of-the-art embedded hardware, developing VxWorks, Integrity and Linux based systems. The products developed have strict requirements on reliability and safety and is also communication intense using various protocols on Ethernet. Cyber-security protection is also an emerging area for our systems.
- Plan and lead global product development projects applying SCRUM and Agile methods. Development projects do normally consist 5 internal developers + external suppliers. Managing the schedule and budget for the project is an important part of your tasks, but technical knowledge in the area is also required to be able to manage your tasks.
- Managing product backlog for the products in scope which implies planning of maintenance activities and coordination with release activities. Managing and coordinating issue resolution for the products in scope
- Participate and drive technical investigations for the products in scope
- Administration and reporting
- Master of Science in Computer Science or comparable
- Project management skills in planning, follow up, team-coaching and reporting
- Knowledge and experience of development of embedded systems, preferably using one or several of the platforms currently used by Bombardier Transportation.
- Knowledge and experience of industrial or railway safety standards (IEC61508/EN50128/EN60567/EN50129)
- It is important that you have a positive mindset and a will to drive your work and the team towards a defined goal.
- Good documentation and presentation skills using MS Office tools
- Fluent in English and Swedish
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com