At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Buyer for our location in Stockholm, Sweden
The role requires the use of professional purchasing practices and techniques ensuring availability of parts/services/goods while managing overall costs, inventory and supporting the creation of improved sourcing strategies. The Project Buyer is the procurement representative in the project core team and has the full responsibility to manage and maintain the material budget. The work will be performed for our RCS Division (Rail Control Solutions).
- Support in the creation of purchase contracts for the project & operations in scope to ensure on-time delivery
- Supporting the sourcing strategy and the project procurement strategy
- Modify quantity and technical requirements of orders continuously according to project needs
- Supporting tender/bidding process
- Monitor supplier performance
- Validate purchase requisitions
- Manage material cost reduction activities
- Release and approve purchase orders L1
- Ensure compliance with procurement directives and legal policies
- Support in negotiations and issue purchase orders for the assigned projects
- Asses risks in the project supply and propose solutions in meeting customer demands
- Represent procurement and supply chain in the project core team
- Maintain project master data in ERP
- Preferably Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or Science
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant working experience required
- Background in Procurement or Project Management
- Working knowledge of – ERP System (SAP and Baan), Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills and continuous improvement skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment (networks, global sourcing)
- Financial awareness, experience in cost structure analysis, cost control activities, target settings
- Comprehensive know-how of modern supply chains.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org