Project Commercial Manager
Project Commercial Manager
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you are ambitious and motivated, this is the opportunity to start a career of a Project Commercial Manager in Vasteras, Sweden
As a Project Commercial Manager, your role will be to assist in achieving higher net margins via supporting ongoing projects in Nordics by effective contract commercial management, including change and claims management. You will act as a “wing man” to the Project Manager providing commercial support through the lifetime of the project. You will focus on the full identification of contractual obligations, potential variations and possible claim situations. You will also manage the obligation compliance, change process and claim process accordingly within the mandate and in conjunction with Contracts & Legal, Project Management, Procurement and other relevant departments.
Your main responsibilities:
- Define, implement, maintain, and support effective contract management and claims management policies, procedures, strategies and activities that promote contractual compliance and prevention of claims.
- Successfully proceed with legitimate claims by the company and effectively defend against claims made by other parties, such as the end customer, partners or suppliers.
- Define commercial strategies and (co-)lead negotiations on VOs and claims with customer(s), partners, subcontractors. Be point of contact for the customer & partners in commercial matters.
- Hold contract awareness sessions and hold specific obligation/change/claims training sessions as may be required.
- Participate in Change Control Boards, and Risk & Opportunity workshops, form a permanent part of the Project Core Team and act as the principal point of contact for the Contracts & Legal function.
- Assist Project Management to define, implement, maintain and support effective change management and contract management policies, procedures and activities that grow the project scope, revenues and margins.
- Prepare the necessary reports and obtain all necessary approvals as required, in order to validate proposed claim resolution strategies and claim settlements.
- Legal, Business Management or Engineering degree.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of related experience.
- Extensive experience of Project Contract Management, Obligation & Requirements Management, Change Management in large projects.
- High-level contract negotiation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of drafting and reviewing terms and conditions.
- Extensive knowledge of drafting and negotiating Variation Orders.
- Experience of claims resolution.
- Experience in managing commercial project disruptions.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation planning.
- Experience in cost recovery management.
- Experience in dealing with/interpreting financial information.
- Soft skills: independent practitioner, self-driven, self-organized, solution-oriented
- Transportation industry experience would be an asset.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
If you are interested, apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Ansök senast 2021-08-25
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org