At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer for our Rail Control Solutions Division in Stockholm.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In this role, you will lead and control all engineering-related activities in the project, deliver on requirements and time schedule, while ensuring “lessons learned” and best practices are applied on project and transferred to new ones. Being the Engineering Interface with the customer, you will ensure that system configuration, functionality and safety are adequate in relation to the requirements and objectives of project activities.
The Project Engineer is the overall technical leader in the value chain responsible for the technical solution and for the system delivery. As such, you are to also facilitate major issues within value chain and towards other interfaces.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CHALLENGES
- To lead and coordinate all aspects of the design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project so as to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to the project time plan. To coordinate execution of engineering activities, Change Control Board, take decisions regarding technical issues, control against project requirements
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments & with relevant functions (Project Management, System Owner, Engineering and Product Development, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids, etc).
- Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviours by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
- Monitor, control and report monthly all product related aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals.
- As the technical expert, lead and ensure consistency, robustness/design and functionality of the system throughout the project execution.
- Throughout the project lifetime, keep a watchful eye on product development activities. Anticipate and highlight technical issues with potential impact on performance and operability of the system.
- Master or Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project engineering.
- Proven leadership skills and/or experience (preferably acting as functional lead in at least one project)
- Excellent system knowledge on a technical level;
- Knowledge of embedded systems.
- Strong background in railway signalling (Interlocking, ATP, Metros, CBTC and/or ERTMS technologies would be a plus) is considered an advantage.
- Planning and scheduling skills are a plus.
- Strong communication, problem solving and customer orientation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-08-22
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com