Project Engineering Team Lead
Project Engineering Team Lead fluent Swedish (m/f)
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as a Project Engineering Team Lead fluent Swedish (m/f) and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
- To manage a staff of employees of Project Engineering team within the Region North Engineering.
- To ensure adherence to engineering processes to deliver the objectives of the engineering related part of the bid/ contract for large scale, high complex projects.
- Ensures that Project Engineering team has competences to be a technical leaders in the value chain, responsible for the technical solution and of the system delivery, to facilitate major issues within the value chain and towards other interfaces, to ensure that the system configuration, functionality and safety are adequate in relation to the requirements and objectives of the project activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provides leadership and direction to the staff of engineers within the team.
- Ensures that Project Engineers are focused on meeting the technical requirements of the projects they are responsible for.
- Ensures that Project Engineers has competences to lead and coordinate all aspects of the design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to the project time plan. Coordinate execution of engineering activities, CCB, make decisions regarding technical issues, control against project requirements.
- Maintains close contact with staff on status of their work. Communicates and enforces the engineer’s responsibility for tracking their progress and adherence to budgeted hours through task planning by reporting performance KPIs, CR and NCRs status on a monthly basis. Develops action plans and coordinates resources to address and resolve problems as needed.
- Develops the engineering team to achieve full potential and maximum contributions from the team. Creates and implements plans to improve employee skills, motivation and engagement. Management and development of relevant skills (workforce planning, performance management, career development, succession planning and recruitment).
- Optimizes communication and relationships with customers and other functions (Project Management, System Owner, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids etc.). Continuous optimization of processes/tools/behaviours by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Engineering experience in similar field of work / leadership experience
- Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required
- Good system knowledge on a technical level and strong background in railway signalling (Interlocking, ATP, Metros, CBTC and/or ERTMS technologies is considered a plus).
- Fluent Swedish and English
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Ansök senast 2021-09-03
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org