Project Lead Controller
Project Lead Controller
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Lead Project Controller in Vasteras, Sweden
About the role
Co-pilot to the project manager to ensure focus on the achievement of the financial goals of the project. Provide all required financial information about the project, assessing early and measuring financial impact of risks and opportunities. Control the monthly margin realization, monitor & support the EAC change process, support project planning, and ensure compliance with Bombardier accounting guidelines. Proactively follow and challenge the project cash flow and gross margin performance.
- Co-pilot to the PM in financial discussions to ensure focus on the achievement of the financial goals of the project, engage in the project core team with a proactive attitude and challenge functions.
- Actively participate and contribute in Risk, Opportunity, MEP discussions and secure the connection to EAC
- Ensure that the consolidated EAC is correct in G4 and understood by PM
- Quantify impact of change orders (calculation of profitability), assess impact on the different cost items of the calculation (i.e. Bill of material, Manufacturing and Engineering hours) both in terms of FCF periodization and EAC
- Make numbers talk - strive to understand and communicate the underlying story behind the numbers
- Ensure monitoring of invoicing in respect to VAT
- Maintain an appropriate level of contingencies
- Monitoring of actual, forecast & budget figures from start to end of contract.
- Estimation based on delivery plans and milestones of future Revenue including escalation
- Escalation is properly accounted for, in accordance with BT directives
- Ensure internal contracts are in place and that the internal trading policy is followed
- Ensure compliance with BT guidelines & financial GAAP
- Prepare and update monthly reports and presentations.
- Narrative reporting with explanation for key variances between Actual, Forecast and Budget
- Cash-Flow reporting
- Hedging activities in cooperation with Treasury
- Monitoring of sub-site figures to ensure the project is reflecting the consolidated picture
- Ensure alignment of figures with project team
- Create/form new project structure in local ERP system for new projects and inform functions
- Review project related invoicing in BAAN (both Sales Delivery and Advances)
- Create payment- invoice plan for new projects
- Initiating manual vouchers for cost movements/corrections when needed
- Sign off of monthly financials for valid entities
- Support audit teams (PRO-Audit, CASRA, E&Y) with documents, reports and answers when needed, see to that all major changes in projects are documented, including provisions.
- Require and control securities by the customer (letter of credit, bank guarantees, parent company guarantees). Initiate new requests in I-GUMP and initiate a bond value reduction or a bond return.
- Closing contract
- Build networks & work together/ Improve team efficiency:
- Improve financial awareness/understanding in project team
- Create network in the functions, Nordic Finance, sub-site controllers, GFI etc
- Time management - prioritize work tasks according to LEAN philosophy (eliminate waste and focus on customer value)
- Embrace and support changes and standardization
- Contribute to standardization and lean processes
- Finance degree and/or any relevant professional related qualification;
- Min 5 years in relevant controlling functions;
- Computer skills: SAP, local ERP system (BAAN), excel;
- Language skills: English, Swedish (good but not required)
If you are interested, apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Controller / Comptroller
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com