At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Project Manager and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
In this role, you will be acting within the boundaries of the contract with the full power to deliver the object of the contract to the customer on time and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for implementation of the contract and delivery of the project to the customer, with a focus on time, within budget and all necessary quality and performance criteria.
- Responsible for the WBS, Detailed Project Schedule, Customer Interface, Risk & Opportunity Management, Project Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book), Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring.
- Internally report the status and financial performance of the project.
- Manage the Core Team members and give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the PMP objective setting process for all Core Team members.
- Define and secure the support of the business partners and extended project team.
- Entirely responsible for the communication with the Customer and specific communication to the Project Managers of Sub-Divisions when needed.
- Lead the Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets.
- The Project Manager must adapt his/her leadership and motivational skills to the project, the team members capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired.
- Increase team effectiveness in order to help the team go through the distinct stages of ‘forming, storming, norming and performing.
- It is also the mandate of the Project Manager to adapt the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Core Team members in order to optimize the total project.
- Other accountabilities within Region North such as root cause analysis, improvement activities, learnt lessons enabling a learning and improved organizational performance.
- Educational background in Project Engineering/ Engineering Management/ Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Strong experience in leading projects in a manufacturing environment or in a similar role.
- Ability to define and manage priorities within deadlines.
- Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to coach & develop team members.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
- Signalling system knowledge will be considered a plus.
- English and Swedish at a fluent level.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org