Project Manager Onboard Sweden
Project Manager Onboard Sweden
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager Onboard Sweden, located in Stockholm.
Purpose of the role
The Project Manager acts within the boundaries of the contract with the power to deliver the object of the contract to the customer on time and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier.
- The Project Manager has the responsibility for implementation of the contract and delivery of the project to the customer, with a focus on time, within budget and all necessary quality and performance criteria.
- Responsible for the Detailed Project Schedule, Customer Interface, Risk & Opportunity Management, Project Improvement Management, Project Launch Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting both status and financial performance.
- Has the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the performance objective setting process for all Core Team members.
- It is also the mandate of the Project Manager to define and secure the support of the business partners and extended project team.
- Responsible for the management of all communication with the Customer.
- Lead the Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets.
- Develop “must do” strategies to increase team effectiveness, helping the team go through the distinct stages of ‘forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Adapt the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Core Team members in order to optimize the total project.
- Other accountabilities within the Region such as root cause analysis, improvement activities, learnt lessons enabling a learning and improved organizational performance.
- University background preferred, PMI certification is an advantage
- Extensive experience in Project Management, working with complex technical projects (preferably from rail industry)
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven experience in delivering large projects, within expected quality, time and cost.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and drive for results
- Very good English and Swedish language skills
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org