Project Quality Assurance Manager
Project Quality Assurance Manager
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business hold the number one global market position in eight if ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, and propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world. Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
Our location in Stockholm is the global head office of Bombardier's rail control solutions division. The site has 135 years' experience of signal technology, and supplies control and signal system solutions all over the world. Our highly specialised team is engaged in developing safety signalling products.
We offer our specialists a modern, friendly, multinational environment and we encourage them to innovate.
Language: full working proficiency in English and Swedish
Reporting: Head of QHSE Region North
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Purpose of the role
The Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) has an indirect leader role in the Region to ensure that all functions and projects embed quality in their deliveries. This role starts in the bid phase where the QAM ensures the cross functional Quality commitment and assures that all processes related to the delivery of a product or system meet customer quality requirements and that the relevant functions adhere to their quality commitments.
The purpose of this role is also to be the Regional interface for Quality assurance throughout project execution, meaning supporting the development of the various QA functions such as PQA, Engineering QA, System Roll-out QA and SQA. This role is taking a key position in the Quality team to guide Region North in strengthening the QA function.
The QAM will also take an active part in increasing a Quality mindset and culture in our projects by reviewing and supporting PQAs as well as project managers and work package owners in the QA responsibilities such as quality planning, reviews/control and agreeing the acceptance criteria with each internal and external respective customer.
- Define, align and implement a quality assurance strategy and operational model in Region North;
- Work closely together with Project Management, Engineering, ITC and Technical operations;
- Audit and review the QA functions and ensure linkage to potential improvements of processes and QMS;
- Bring Quality progress reports (e.g. Quality Dashboard) to management review meetings and feed the organization with analysis and improvement action suggestions;
- Ensure that the correct and sufficient KPI’s are in place to measure both the QMS effectiveness and the Quality in our deliveries;
- Represent QHSE in the bid process and act as the link between QHSE team and bid teams;
- Reviewing customer specifications and assess their consequences for the QHSE function;
- Support Project during external Audits by customer, BT Group and/or third party auditor;
- Be an Independent Internal project audit assessor;
- Participate Project Gate Reviews.
Your experience and qualifications
- Master Degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 6 years of post-graduate experience and 2 years of leadership experience;
- Proven Quality or Project Management experience in international technical projects;
- Knowledge of relevant business standards (ISO 9001 and preferably IRIS) and Quality methods and tools (Lean, Six Sigma);
- Strong communication and influencing skills, lead changes without having the formal leadership position;
- Problem solving and analytical mind set;
- Knowledge from rail industry is a plus;
- Fluent English and Swedish is a plus.
What you can expect
- You will work together with an highly experienced, ambitius and devoted team;
- You will have a chance to work in a big growing international company.
Job: General Management
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com