Propulsion System Engineer
Propulsion System Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Propulsion System Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Västerås, Sweden.
As a Propulsion System Engineer, you will be responsible to describe the complete system electrically in collaboration with fellow engineers, to perform performance calculations and to prepare and execute system tests.
In this role you will have an overview of the entire propulsion system from component to vehicle level. Even though we strive for standardization, each project is unique and therefore you will be working with new solutions blended with proven technology.
The position includes collaborating with other engineering departments in order to get all parts of the system to work together.
Your main context is in your project team but you are also expected to support parallel projects with reviews and participate in the department's development. Your project team usually consists of a project manager, functional leads and electrical, mechanical and functional engineers. In the same time, this position includes frequent international contacts as most of our projects are delivered abroad.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performance Calculations;
- Create, update and release documents such as: Vehicle performance reports, System concept documents, System circuit diagrams;
- Handling System requirements;
- Prepare design reviews;
- Preparation of and participation in the system test (power lab) and investigation test; analyze the results and write corresponding reports;
- Prepare and perform vehicle type test; analyze the results and write reports.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD graduate in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering;
- 4 years of relevant work experience with a BSc degree, 2 years relevant work experience with Master’s degree or PhD graduate;
- Solid understanding of electrical power or propulsion systems;
- Professional knowledge in terms of requirements management (usage of e.g. DOORs tool), performance calculations, system and vehicle type tests and electrical integration of sub-systems;
- Competence in model based workflow (e.g. Matlab tools such as Simulink) is an advantage;
- Good communication and influencing skills, team player, problem-solver;
- Fluency in English, Swedish is desirable.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com