Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
Our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
Do you want to be part of that?
For our global RCS business in Stockholm, we are currently looking for a Safety Coordinator/Engineer
Purpose of the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of safety activities for different customer projects. Our safety coordinators and safety engineers ensure that the systems we deliver are safe and fulfil the expectations of the public.
The safety coordinator provides leadership to ensure that all safety aspects are considered. He/she shall make sure that the necessary safety activities and their documentation are done on time and have the right quality for a safety approval of the system. She/he will also be the contact person for external parties in safety questions (customers, assessors, national safety authorities etc.).
The safety engineer initiates and performs safety and risk analyses to evaluate the safety of different system solutions.
Both the safety coordinator and the safety engineer shall be able to contribute to the improvement of our safety processes and be willing to develop skills in the validation area. For the right person, there are career opportunities in both technical and people leadership.
In small projects, a person can have both roles, while in larger projects, the roles are separated. You should be able to work in at least one of these roles.
- You will define what safety-related activities that are necessary for the project, based on templates and established processes
- You will monitor the progress of the safety-related activities and gather the results
- You will write the safety evidence of the system
- As safety coordinator/engineer in a project, you will work in cooperation with the rest of the project core team
- You will contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s safety processes.
- Relevant engineering degree (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering), preferably a Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering field preferably as safety coordinator, safety engineer or system engineer
- Basic knowledge of safety standards, for example a railway infrastructure’s procedures for safety management
- Experience in railway industry is an asset
- Very good English communication skills.
Your personal qualifications
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a straightforward way
- Ability to express safety arguments in writing
- Willingness to communicate with authorities, both BT internal and national
- Drive to find the professional way forward in situations concerning risk judgement.
What you get
- The chance to work with complex systems, both from a technical and a human perspective
- Support from a broad spectrum of technical knowledge, in a big company
- You get to be part of a highly skilled team of safety specialists, representing the team in the projects you are assigned to.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at www.careers.bombardier.com and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-08-07
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com