At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day.
Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be.
It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Safety Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Our location at the waterfront in Liljeholmen is the leading engineering site of Bombardier's Rail Control Solutions division with a long experience in signalling technology.
Purpose of the role
As a Safety Engineer you will initiate and perform safety and risk analyses to evaluate the safety of different system solutions. The Safety Engineer provides leadership to ensure that all safety aspects are considered including making sure that the necessary safety activities and the related documentation are completed on time and in right quality for a safety approval of the system.
We are looking for someone with an analytical mindset who will be able to contribute to the improvement of the company’s safety processes and who will be a key player in the interaction with customers, validators, third party certifiers and other stakeholders.
- Creation of safety-related documentation, such as safety plans, hazard analysis, maintaining and following up the hazard database for designated products, safety analysis, FTAs, FMECAs and related tasks to build up the safety case of a product
- Safety support for implementers, integrators, testers, validators (e.g. explain requirements, assess non-conformities) and homologation
- Define safety-related activities necessary for the project based on established processes
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s safety processes
- Relevant engineering degree (e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering), preferably a Master’s degree
- Safety and system related engineering experience
- Experience of development according to safety standards such as CENELEC (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129) or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of safety related processes (Hazard and Operability Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Safety case compilation, Safety Validation and Independent Safety Assessment, etc.)
- Experience with the methodologies for analysing and specifying systems including safe functions
- Experience with specification, documentation and review of complex technical systems including software, firmware
- and hardware.
- Excellent social, communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge and experience of time critical embedded systems
- Knowledge of BT signalling solutions and components thereof is considered a plus.
- English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, Swedish will be considered a plus
- Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org