At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are currently looking to recruit a Safety Engineer for our location in Hassleholm
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Safety Engineer will participate in product development projects as the person with the overall responsibility for safety management and act as a liaison with the independent validator and the independent safety assessor. Responsible for defining and coordinating the safety activities within the project and for compiling the required safety cases according to the CENELEC standard and Bombardier’s Safety Management System.
Specifies and coordinates the necessary safety activities to demonstrate fulfilment of the safety requirements and achieve Safety Certification/Assessment.
Prepares input for the Safety Case, performs the Safety Management activities and writes the Safety Management Report(s).
Coordinates and leads hazard control activities according to the relevant standards and as required by the agreed customer requirement specifications.
- Planning, guiding and driving the project’s safety activities.
- Coordinating safety work in the project’s different work packages, such as development, engineering and installation to ensure an efficient progress.
- Compiling the system’s safety case.
- Participating in the project’s core team together with the project manager.
- Ensuring close cooperation with the independent validator to discover any problems with validation of system requirements as early as possible.
- Leading meetings dealing with potential safety problems.
- Being the project’s contact person to external safety stakeholders such as customer safety manager, independent safety assessor, certification body and national safety approval authority.
- Carrying out RAM and Safety Analysis during project execution phase.
- Participating in tenders (RAM and safety analysis).
- Preparing and maintaining the Hazard Log, to register and mitigate risks
- Collecting/producing evidence to demonstrate required safety integrity level compliance
- Support Cyber Security work for the products
- Degree in Engineering and preferably work experience in safety engineering of complex systems, Railway Signalling safety and/or knowledge of railway CENELEC norms.
- Good knowledge in system under development, their configuration, and their interfaces.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable in working with multiple engineering disciplines, project management and customers.
- Process-oriented, keen and dynamic person, self managed, with excellent problem solving, structured, able to lead activities
- Ability to define and manage priorities within deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and have experience from safety analysis and risk analysis (FTA, FMECA, 8D).
- Must be fluent in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Safety Engineering
Primary Location: SE-SKA-Hassleholm
Employee Status: Regular
Ansök senast 2019-11-07
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com