Semiconducter Control Architect
Semiconducter Control Architect
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Semiconductor Control Architect for our site in Västerås, Sweden.
About the role:
We are developing propulsion systems for customers worldwide. The main purpose of the Semiconductor Control Architect is to understand how to control power semiconductors with a driver and be able to define the functionality needed. The Control Architect sets concept, requirements and design for the gate driver and will have a strong technical ownership for the technical area of semiconductor control used in traction.
The Semiconductor Control Architect is an important part of the team working with the switch performance of the converter and is technically responsible for the gate driver. He/she works closely with semiconductor experts, FW design engineers, HW design engineer and other control architects.
In your role you will work globally and interact with experts from other Bombardier sites. The work will mainly be carried out in the office, but you will also need to perform tests in a high-voltage laboratory.
- Technical ownership for the area of semiconductor control – gate drives.
- Defining concepts, requirements and design for the gate driver and communicate this with HW designers, FW designers and Semiconductor switch experts.
- Technical interface for gate drivers.
- Implement, document, test & validate new functionality of the gate driver integrated with the semiconductor.
- Requirement discussion with other teams related to the semiconductor switch.
- Lead complex error investigations and provide problem solutions for semiconductor switch.
- MSc, or higher, in the area of Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge gained from professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years in semiconductor control, FPGA development or other relevant experience.
- Knowledge or experience in power semiconductors and experimental R&D work is preferable, as well as experience of working in a high voltage lab.
- Good ability to understand electrical systems which the gate drive controls.
- Good ability to both read and write technical documentation.
- Good requirements management.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills required. Able to communicate internally and externally on a technical level.
- Team player.
- Fluent in English (Writing & Reading & Speaking).
- Swedish at an intermediate level is preferable.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com