Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Senior Hardware Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
In this role, you will be part of a highly experienced Design Team of Hardware Engineers to develop one of the most successful Bombardier Transportation products in the world. The hardware team is working with top-of-the-market technology, developing and maintaining industrial real-time embedded products for wayside object control applications. Our products have the highest fail-safe requirements, reliability and work under the harshest operational environments.
The role interfaces with our design team directly connected with System, Safety and Software including Engineering and Product Development teams, from different international sites, Operations Department, sub-suppliers and customers of our products. This is a truly broad role for a HW designer from LV to HV, from analog to digital.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for HW design, development, design verification and modification of existent and new functionalities, for industrial real-time embedded SIL4 applications.
- Development of the overall product hardware architecture.
- Prepare Technical documentation for product design and production.
- Breaking down system level requirements to hardware level.
- Identify and offer best solutions to complex hardware related issues.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge and experience of electronics design principals.
- Supervision and leadership of core / non-core HW design work packages.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics or other relevant fields.
- Strong experience with hardware systems and excellent knowledge of board design including:
Power design (SMPS, Isolated converters, Transformers, etc.)
Analog design (Analog filters, Signal Chain, ADC, DAC etc.)
Digital interfaces (Ethernet, LVDS, SPI, I2C etc.)
Design with CPUs such as ARM Cortex
Design with FPGAs (Design, interfaces)
EMC (Design, Tests and troubleshooting)
PCB Design for the above areas
Circuit simulation with PSpice / LTSpice
Experience with High-end PCB/PBA design tools i.e Cadence
Basic knowledge working with PDM systems
- Experience in one or several of the following areas:
Development of products in harsh environments (experience in similar industrial area like aerospace, military, automotive…)
Safety Critical Development. e.g., EN 50126/8/9, IEC 61508, ISO 26262
Requirements Management and traceability
C programming or other scripting programming languages (e.g. Python).
Digital Design with VHDL in FPGAs( Quartus II, Xilinx ISE/Vivado, Modelsim, … )
- English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, Swedish will be considered a plus.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are a requirement in this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta firstname.lastname@example.org