Senior Project Engineer
Senior Project Engineer
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Our Rail Control Solutions division in Stockholm, Sweden
is looking to hire an experienced Senior Project Engineer
Purpose of the role
- The Senior Project Engineer delivers the objectives of the engineering related part of the bid/ contract for large scale, high complex projects.
- He/ She leads the Engineering Core Team for all assigned tasks within the schedule, allocated budgets, scope and to the required quality and establishes proper risk assessment and mitigation.
- Throughout the project lifetime, the Senior Project Engineer keeps a watchful eye on product development activities. He or she anticipates and highlights technical issues with potential impact on performance and operability of the system.
- The Senior Project Engineer ensures that the system configuration, functionality and safety are adequate in relation to the requirements and objectives of the project activities.
- They are the overall technical leader in the value chain, responsible for the technical solution and of the system delivery. He or she is to facilitate major issues within the value chain and towards other interfaces.
- The Senior Project Engineer is meant to follow-up and report performance KPIs, CR and NCRs status on a monthly basis
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of the design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project so as to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to the project time plan. Coordinate execution of engineering activities, CCB, make decisions regarding technical issues, control against project requirements.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments & relevant functions (Project Management, System Owner, EAPD, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids etc.)
- Monitor, control and report all product related aspects of the project on a monthly basis, all in consistency with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain the established goals.
- Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/ tools/ behaviours by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Very strong experience in Project Engineering or Project Management
- Good system knowledge on a technical level and strong background in railway signalling (Interlocking, ATP, Metros, CBTC and/or ERTMS technologies is considered a plus)
- Experience working with SW and HW and their interconnection.
- Proficient Swedish language skills, advanced English language skills.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job: Advance Engineering
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com