Software Architect - Embedded Systems
Software Architect - Embedded Systems
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
We are looking for a driven Software Architect for our Embedded System team in Stockholm, Sweden. Our location at the waterfront in Liljeholmen is the leading engineering site of Bombardier's Rail Control Solutions division with long experience of signaling technology. If you’re proactive, cooperative, analytical and ambitious with a high level of integrity and the ability to share competence with others, this could be your opportunity to build a career at Bombardier Transportation.
Join us as a Software Architect in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
The software architect is responsible of developing and maintaining new and existing products while ensuring safe and reliable system performance. This requires experience in software design and understanding of overall system architecture and requirements.
The responsibilities also include reviewing and testing of code, hence knowledge in software test methodologies and tools is desirable. In addition, the establishment of safety-related documentation is part of the work scope, such as developing and maintaining software architecture specifications and design documentation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identification of stakeholder requirements.
- Software design, verification and implementation, including simulations.
- Documentation and Configuration Management according to BT processes and tools.
- Choice of design and functionality to meet customer and safety requirements.
- Choice of functional decomposition and algorithms.
- Definition of interfaces towards internal and external entities.
- Evaluation of non-conformities.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical engineering or other relevant field.
- Solid experience and understanding of requirement management and system architecture.
- Experience with embedded Linux software development in a relevant industry (e.g. industrial control, automatics, robotics).
- Experience in low-level embedded development both bare-metal and by using embedded OS (mainly in C, C++).
- Knowledge of safety-critical software development using MISRA and EN50128 (or similar standards) is an advantage.
- Knowledge about onboard signalling systems and odometry is an advantage.
- English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, Swedish will be considered a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Regular
Järnvägsjobb.se drivs av Järnvägsbranschens samverkansforum, JBS. Har du frågor om webbplatsen kan du kontakta email@example.com